Best personal loans with a co-signer from April 2021
First Tech Credit Union was founded in 1952 and offers its members small personal loans, giving those with fair, poor credit profiles access to better rates with minimal fees. Rates are competitive – starting at 6.70% – especially for those with lower credit scores, and First Tech allows co-signers.
Unless you live in Lane County, Oregon, you will need to meet one of these membership criteria: you are employed at a company on the First Tech Partner List, you are working for the State of Oregon or you belong to Financial Fitness. Computer history association or museum. However, since anyone can join these two affiliate member organizations, we have chosen First Tech as the best lender for minimum loan amounts.
Other important information:
- Maximum / minimum amount you can borrow: $ 500 to $ 50,000
- APR range: 6.70% to 18.00%
- Fresh: No application or set-up fees or prepayment penalties; Late fees vary depending on the type of loan; Returned payment fee of $ 28
- Recommended minimum credit score: 580
- Other qualification requirements: First Tech Credit Union considers your total creditworthiness
- Repayment Terms: 24, 36, 48, 60, 72 or 84 months
- It’s time to receive funds: From the day of loan approval and within 2-3 business days of approval
- Restrictions: Must be a member of the credit union to be eligible
Read the full review: Personal loans First Tech Federal Credit Union