Use of unjustified relief loan + Zendejas donors + Wastewater release
Get up, Long Beach! Catch up with you to start this Sunday knowingly. Here’s everything going on in Long Beach today.
A bankruptcy judge alleges Shady transactions of the founders of Urban Commons. Also discover who gives money see Marie Zendejas reelected, while standing against a member of the Communist Party. Finally, there was a treated wastewater flows into the ocean; officials say all is well (the fish were not interviewed).
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Clear all day. High: 82 Low: 65.
Here are the best stories today in Long Beach:
- Queen Mary update: Federal bankruptcy judge plans to use $ 2.4 million in assets to repay COVID relief loans The founders of Urban Commons took it down and used it for “unfair” purposes. In the past, one of them has publicly stated that the request for funds was wrong. (LB Poste)
- District 1 Council Holder, Mary Zendejas, freed her list of campaign donors, and it reads like a who’s who of titular city council members and appointed mayors. Incidentally, Mayor Robert Garcia contributed his Lieutenant Governor 2024 campaign committee. (LBrapport)
- Terminal Island, the artificial island that is shared between LA and LB ports, reports the discharge of “400,000 gallons of acid treated wastewater” into the ocean. Officials are quick to point out that there is no cause for alarm. (News of random lengths)
- The Aster, mixed use eight-story building with 218 units, go up to corner of East Broadway and LB Boulevard. Completion is scheduled for the end of 2023. (LB Business Journal)
- MOLAA exhibits art created by migrant children who spent time at the Convention Center refuge. You can see it today alone at the Viva Events Center from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free entry. (@LongBeachCity)
Today in Long Beach
- LB Farmer’s Market at East Marina Drive and south of 2nd Street. (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Worship in person and live at Bay Shore Community Congregational Church (UCC), 5100 East The Toledo. (9:30 AM)
- Happy Sundays Music Festival at Alex’s Bar, 2913 East Anaheim Street. (Doors open at 2 p.m.)
- Bottomless mimosa brunch and dinner with divas at Hamburger Mary’s, 330 Pine Avenue. (3 seats: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., 12:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Ricky Lewis performs at Towne Center Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que, 7411 Carson Boulevard. (3 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Brian Wilson: Biggest Live Hits! with Al Jardine & Blondie Chapman (8:00 p.m.)
Long Beach Notebook
- Long Beach Antique Market: “Yes or no? Let us know in the comments to enter to win a free pass for you and your guest Next event- Sunday September 19th #lbflea #longbeachvintagemarket #longbeachcalifornia” (Instagram)
- Long Beach State Athletics: “We can’t wait to see you all on Thursday as our team @lbsuwvb takes on # 17 UCLA at 7pm. TIME TO GET LOUD! #GoBeach” (Instagram)
- City of Long Beach: “School starts next week! Don’t take the risk, protect your child. The time to vaccinate against COVID-19 is NOW as school prepares to resume in person. Anyone can be vaccinated to go age 12. Young people aged 17 and under must have parental consent … “(Facebook)
- City of Long Beach: “We hope all of the students at California State University, Long Beach had a great first week! Have a safe and fun weekend. #GoBeach” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
You are now in the know and ready to start this Sunday! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sylvie Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran has worked in sunny Southern California and has been writing freelance full-time since 2005. Her SEO-optimized web copy includes social media marketing projects and business translations from German to english. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Fishdom (doesn’t judge), embraces social justice, and tries to live Micah 6: 8.
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Long Beach Daily? I’m all ears. You can reach me at [email protected]